Skip to main content

Shopping.... mail order

I wanted to let you all know about Strawberry Fayre - a mail order only fabric shop. The idea is you buy a set of samples from them of their whole range and when you place an order you staple or tape the sample to the order for them to match (this is returned with your order). The fabric is reasonably priced and the range extensive. As you can see I bought a few oranges as I wasn't too sure which one I wanted. I wanted to let you know how great the service was. When you order you can either ask for standard or urgent delivery (you pay a small premium for urgent). I posted my order on Sunday morning for a Sunday post collection and my whole order turned up on Tuesday morning - very impressive service.
I know the combination is a bit bright, but one of the things I'm trying to do is to be braver with colour combinations - for me orange and blue is brave.


This is also the start of making things for the sale table at the festival. So here are a few bags (just the right size for magazines) and some hearts with lavender (from my own garden).
The fabric was a real find. I was in Fenwicks in the curtain department and saw their remnant bin. Oh dear.... They had loads of pieces from their sample books - about 10 sample pieces for £1. So - as you can see for £1 I managed to make 5 bags.
I also bought some pieces left over from when they must have made curtains for customers. I'll probably use these for more bags.





I also wanted to say I'm still getting very excited when I see the new red spots on my map - thanks for viewing and commenting on my blog.

Comments

Selina said…
Yay, you have joined the blogging world. The bags look cute.
There's a curtain shop in Dunchurch that always has a healthy remnant basket and I've had several pieces from there to make bags.
Marisa said…
It's amazing what you can do with remnants...I'm impressed with your ideas. I always buy huge pieces and end up often not even needing all that much. Cool idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.