Skip to main content

More from Malvern.....


I thought I'd share some more of the fantastic quilts I saw at Malvern.
The first one (above) is detail from a quilt made by Mary Kent - Distant Horizon. The embellishment on this quilt was of a very high quality and was diverse. I think you could have stood and examined it for hours - it must have been very labour intensive.
'Diamond Ring' by Carole Galbraith was expertly pieced. A traditional design but used with very strong colours and just a delight to see.

Deja Vu by Mary Cunningsworth and Judy Laquidara was really well pieced. A simple design but the way fabrics were used was really impressive. They also entered another quilt called Light and Dark. Both quilts really needed to be viewed from a distance to see the effect of shading.

Memories of Japan by Barbara Keen was another example of fabrics well used and a simple design expertly pieced.

Ollie's Quilt by Kate Elgood. A funny quilt - which sometimes result in not being put together very well; this is an exception. There is lots of detail and need to be looked at closely to really appreciate it.

And finally (you'll be pleased to hear) is M&M's Sunbeam Spectacular by Barbara Webber and Amanda Hall. What a great quilt to end on. Great use of fabrics and the piecing was amazing. It really had lots to look at.
So - that's the last of the Malvern Photos for you all. I'll be taking lots at the NEC Festival of Quilts and hopefully they'll be better quality - I'll practise lots in the meantime.
I'm still plodding on with my huge quilt - I'm on the second border - which shouldn't take too long. And then the final border will take a while - but the end is in sight. I can't wait to put the binding on.

Comments

Rose Marie said…
Lovely quilts ... thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.