Skip to main content

Brenda class

It was so good to meet up with familiar faces at the Bramble Patch today for our first class of 2008. I think we were all feeling a bit rusty after our break - but we soon settled in.

Brenda set us all a challenge - do one thing each day towards your creativity and she calculated that we have 34 days until our next class. As you can see I've added my list on my right hand side bar to share with you all. perhaps you;d like to join in and let me know what you're going to do each day. It doesn't have to be a huge thing - perhaps just looking at a book about an artist or having a doodle.

I've also decided I need to get more organised - yep that old chestnut again.

And, for those of you who go to the class, you won't be disappointed to see my tea bad dying experiment with calico. Here's the recipe
1 pint hot water
3 tea bags - Tetley's decaffeinated
4 pieces of calico added and then removed at 5,10 15 and 20 minutes. I'll post you a photo of the results soon - when I';ve got them in my sample book.
I'm now going to try it on my screen printed pieces.

Comments

Donna said…
I've never used tetly for dyeing... but can tell you some of the herbals provide a nice rose colour :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.