Skip to main content

Photos at last

Sorry for the last lot of photoless postings - I think a photo really helps on blogs.
So here are my latest magazines - Selvedge:

And this morning my new Quilting Arts magazine arrived - I can't wait to sit down after dinner and have a good look at it:
I also bought some fabric - here's a little bundle:
I did buy a pile from the sale at Kisko - but it needs washing and ironing still - so I'll let you see that in dribs and drabs.
And now the class from last week:
Some of you may recognise these two. Part of the class was for us to critique an artists work - and here are two of our class doing a Ant and Dec style presentation.
I also took my work in for some constructive comments - I already had an idea what I needed to do - but it's reassuring when others agree. So it was a very quick bit of screen printing -
in brown:
And black.

When I got the pieces if calico back home I tea dyed them, cut them up and added them to the final piece.
And here we are - with the words tacked on.


I'm much happier with the result now. There's still quite a bit of work to do - but I can see the end in sight. I'm just pulling together all my entry forms tonight to see about deadlines and exhibition dates. Yes I know - I'm a control freak...

I hope you've noticed I'm doing quite well (so far) with doing something towards my creativity everyday. How are you all getting on?


Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Comments

Leanne Hurren said…
Aaarrghhh can't believe you've posted a picture of me - you're so cruel!! I've also been doing something creative everyday - I'm really pleased with myself!!
Thimbleanna said…
Oooh, looks like so much fun. And a very cool little black and brown piece of art!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for your comments on my sketches Sarah. I am feeling my way with them and really appriciate any good stuff!!
I too love your block, I think of myself as a part time quilter!! I'll do something and then get back to it about a year later!!
Anonymous said…
These look so great, I love the colours. Strangly enough I won't wear black or brown clothes together, but feel they look brilliant in a quilt.
I too have the Selvedge and Quilting Arts magazines. I loved the way Selvedge has quite a lot of quilt content this issue, and Quilting Arts had an interesting article on printing text - happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.