Skip to main content

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung here. This weekend the weather has been amazing - bright and sunny. And the plants are starting to get going now. As you'll see in the next few photos, narcisii, snowdrop (next to Buddha) and a crocus. They're looking a bit lonely at the mo but I'm sure lots of other things will start appearing very soon.
And here are some of my attempts at the creativity thing. The idea is that you change the scale of the shapes you've cut out and see how they work in a realtionship. As DH often says I'm so happy with some pictures, a glue stick and a sketchbook.


And finally here is another little look at part of my Bosworth Water Tower piece. I think I've finished the quilting now - but I might change my mind at the next class... LOL
I've alos sent in my entry form for Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent - so has the rest of the group. So now we're all committed - if you know what I mean.
Hope you've all had a great weekend. Hopefully England are winning at Rugby and then we're off to the pub for a coffee.
PS -please excuse my spelling - the spellchecker on Blogger seems to have given up. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I keep noticing bulbs coming through everywhere I go. It is good to be getting out of the dark days of January. Your wallhanging looks great.
dutchcomfort said…
I love your watertower piece of art! Wonderful!
Everything is coming through here as well. I love blue skies!
Cda00uk said…
Blogger spellchecker has definitely packed in - they seem to know this but don't seem to be able to do anything about it!
Celia

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.