Skip to main content

Spring time?

Well - it's meant to be Spring, but you'd be forgiven for thinking it was winter again. The weather has been very strange over the last week or so. Snow, bright sunshine, hailstorms, sleet and rain - we've had it all. So our trip to Trentham for the 'Quilts in the Garden show' started off with a snow covered landscape - very pretty. With strong sun it very soon cleared to a bright cold day. By 4 in the afternoon it was snowing again. We had it all weather wise.

I really enjoyed the show - and a member of our group enjoyed a little more than the rest of us as this year she was placed 2nd in the bed quilt competition. I was lucky as my quilt was shown so you see the back. Did any of you go to the show? What did you think? I do have some photos of the show and I'll sort these out for later in the week.

Bobby Britnell was there - she has some great sketchbooks - I walked away with sketchbook envy. She does workshops and I'm sorely tempted to go on one. As you can see from my purchased below I did buy somethings... not too much this time; a couple of Pink Pig little sketchbooks, needles, buttons and some Khadi papers. The book I bought is 'The decorated Journal' by Gwen Diehn. I really need to get over this sketchbook anxiety - I think I'm going to concentrate on this and see if I can really do it. I promise to share this new experience with you as I go.

Comments

Unknown said…
it sounds like a great day. I've been agonising over my (lack of) sketchbook work today as well - it's ages since I opened any of mine :-( I think Gwen Diehn's book is very good - you've inspired me to go and have another look at it.
Donna said…
I'm far from cured, but the first step for me in getting over sketchbook fear was re-naming them idea books & doodle collections...

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.