Skip to main content

Resources

Hi. Just a quick last minute post with a few resources I've been using that you might like to have a look at.
First up is Wordle. Such a great site that is just great fun but you can also use to see a poem in a different way.

Another site I always have a look at is Kerri Smith's Wish Jar. Kerri has another book out and she's got a bit of a tease about it on her site. Please do have a look - it's great fun.

For those of you who would like to market yourself and your art more is Alyson Standfiield's ArtBiz site. You can sign up for weekly newsletters and also iPods. She offers courses - but I've not tried any of these out.

Another for those of us who have too much 'stuff' is Unclutterer. A fun site with lots of useful ideas to help you to sort out hat 'stuff'.

DIY Planner is a site I happened upon which has lots of useful ideas and templates to help get you organised.

And for my birthday my mum very kindly bought me (early) a Day Timer. It's great I saw Bren's and thought it looked really useful; - and it's really helped me to get sorted.

And here's a site for 'empowering creative people'. It's a fun site.

I think that's enough for now - hope you like the resources. please do let me know about any others you like.

I'm also going to be setting up a website for our quilting group. If you have any tips or ideas - please do let me know.

Off to pack yet more stuff. I'm a bit worried that it won't fit in the car....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.