Skip to main content

A very crafty weekend...

Well I've had a great weekend - lots of quilting associated stuff.
I had a great day at Great Doddington at the Quilder's Guild Regional Day. I was very impressed with the 2 speakers they had Ferret and Katherine Guerrier. Both very different, but it was great to hear how they have developed their ideas and skills. It was a delight to heat them both speak. I'd highly recommend making the effort to attend either a regional or area day - it's a great opportunity to meet other quilters and hear well known ones speak and also meet up with fellow quilters.
I had a great day. It also fitted in very well with my challenge for this month - to do something towards my creativity everyday. So that's Saturday 4th October started - and today I've posted on my blog, bought some calico (for dyeing) and get set up to start some other things too.
I'm also very pleased to have my sewing machine back in full working order.
I'd also like to let you know about a few events coming up:
NSPCC coffee morning:- Saturday 11th October between 10 - 12. There's a £1.00 admission fee but that does include a coffee for you. And the Market Bosworth Quilters will be there selling some quilts. If would be great to see you there.
Christmas Fair - Saturday 29th November, 10:00 - 3:00 at the St Peter's Church Hall, Park St, Market Bosworth. It was a great event last year - and we were very lucky that Santa was able to make an appearance. Please do try to come along - you'll be able to buy some beautiful gifts for Christmas (or for yourself) and they'll be raffles and tombolas too.
Well I hope you've all had a good weekend. Hopefully I'll have some photos for you all next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.