Skip to main content

A great book


Thought I'd let you know about a great book that Radio 4 will be having as their book for Bookclub. The programme format is the audience will have the book and the author, John Irving, is there to answer them. I can't begin to tell you what a great book it is. I've always found that John Irving books always make me laugh, when I know I shouldn't and always have surprises in them. This one is so funny in places but so moving in others. If you do get time to read it - please do. I can promise it will stay with you.
I have finally got round to making some things for Christmas - but I'm sure you'll appreciate that I won't be able to share these with you until Christmas.
Luckily I've got a sewing day tomorrow in a neighbouring village hall - so I've got a list of things I want to crack on with.
If you're in the UK take care this weekend as it sounds like we're going to have some rather bad weather.
Take care.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
Ahhh, that IS a really great book. In fact, I remember searching the internet years ago, and I found a forum where people discusses their "One Book" -- the one book that was the most significant to them. The one they'd take with them to a desert island. I was surprised at how many people listed A Prayer for Owen Meany!
Sarah said…
It's a great book. I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.