Skip to main content

Lost more done

 Hello all. Hope you're all well - I'm enjoying the weather - bit blowy today but warm.
So as you can see above I've been busy with sewing. It's been very nice to sit and sew something smaller. I thought I needed to add another colour to lift it. Lets see how it goes.
 Now - although it's much warmer than it has been - it has been absolutely freezing here. And having cold feet for days on end is no fun - so I thought I'd ditch the cheap slippers and get some nice new warm ones - with a proper sole. These ones from Moshulu weren't cheap - but having warm feet us fantastic. I don't care if I sound like I'm 100 - warm feet is bliss.
What do you think?









I think I've already mentioned that I've been brave and joined an altered book group. And here is the book I've got for the first month - the topic is weather. Ohh - a bit nervous but excited too. I've never done anything like this before but that was the idea for this year - to find challenges and meet new people. One of the ladies has been very kind and has offered to show me the basics of altered books - that's booked for next Friday. I'm really keen to give this a go.

Here's the progress I've made with my fabric paper. I've certainly learnt some things with this first attempt. Firstly I added too much gesso - and I should have added some colour whilst it was still wet. Also the ink pads I use are pigment and these take a long time to dry. However it's not a complete disaster.
So as you can see lots done again this week - little and often is the way to go. I hope you've all been able to do lots too.
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.