Skip to main content

Apologies

Hello all.
Apologies for lack of posts this month - thought I'd just sneak one in before the new month.  I can't believe it's going to be July tomorrow.  
Thought I'd share the completed work from my class with Linda Miller.
She was a great teacher and managed to get quite a large class of differing abilities to complete a piece of work on the day and inspired me to attempt a larger piece.
As you can see from the picture - both are finished.  I'm rather pleased with them.

She also came to deliver a talk to the Lutterworth Guild.  Very interesting to see lots of her work and to hear her approach.  A very smart cookie with an eye on the commercial side of things without compromising the quality of the art she produces.
I'm very excited about the next class I have -Francis Pickering.
See you all soon.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
Oooh, those are both so pretty -- I LOVE that cute little house!
Jacqui Chimes said…
These look lovely Sarah - I am very envious re Frances Pickering class - I did look into joining guild and getting on this class but too late as usual! I have her book and love her style - if you hear of a spare ticket let me know!
You sounds busy and it sounds like you are having a great time! I love seeing and hearing what you've been working on :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.