Skip to main content

Market Bosworth Festival - Reminder

Hello All.
I hope you enjoyed the sunshine whilst it was here.
Now, this is just a little reminder for you all - it's the Market Bosworth Festival this weekend - specifically our village quilting group, Market Bosworth Quilters, are exhibiting at the Parish Hall on Park Street on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 between 11-5.  I can guarantee you'll see some great work and you'll be able to buy some lovely cake to go with a cuppa.  We're also holding a couple of raffles and we have a sales table - the proceeds of which are going to be divided between the local Girl Guide group, Scout Group and Samaritans.
There's lots to see elsewhere too.  An Art Exhibition for both days, Helen Rhodes with be demonstrating at Bosworth Gallery, Michaelmas House open their garden and Garden Studio, there's a craft market on the Saturday and farmers market and open gardens on the Sunday.  So lots and lots to see and do.  I'm sure if you come along you'll have a great time.  I'll be in the Parish Hall for most of the time - do pop along and say hi.
Regardless of what you do - have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.