Skip to main content

Living Thread Group Class with Jo Beattie

Hello all.
I've had a very busy - but really good weekend.
On Sunday I had a class with Jo Beattie from the Living Threads Group.
It was only a small group. So the aim was to select an item and develop it into a design and hopefully end up with a completed textile item at the end.  Sounds like a tall order - but we all managed it.
So here are the photos of my work during the day.
The item I started with was a shell. I looked at from different angles and drew the image on paper and newspaper - drawing on newspaper is a really intertesing process, it feels much less pressured than drawing on white paper, and gives a pleasing result.  I extracted an element from my drawing and then worked it through. 

Next are the different colourways I tried, and I used different watercolour pencils and crayons.
And then I replicated the pattern in tissue paper.
And then I started my piece of textile sample.
And here it is all together.
Here are some pieces from others at the class.




Really interesting work.
And on Saturday I had a great time. I attended a Pride and Prejudice party! I had a great time, lots of tea and cake and of course - Colin Firth.
And we had great pressies too!
So - I hope you all had a nice weekend.
Take care and hope to hear from more of you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.