Skip to main content

A week off...

Well, I treated myself to week off last week. 
 I had a lovely time and thought I would share a few photos with you all.
One afternoon we went to open gardens at Weston under Wetherly. Twelve very different size gardens, but all worth looking at.  The weather was perfect, slightly cool so great for walking around.  
part of the fundraising for this went to the local church, St Michael's, which was a really beautiful old building.  As you know I enjoy looking at buildings that show deterioration, and this church was great.


I also treated myself to a day out in London.
I started off with an exhibition at the V & A, Treasure of the Royal Courts.  As you would expect a well curated exhibition. It was a shame you couldn't sketch, but I can understand they don't want the area clogged up or blocking the view of others for long periods of time.
As you would expect, you couldn't take photos, but there were very similar items in other areas of the museum that you could take photo's of, here are a few:

 I love the idea of looking in a pattern book to select your armour.
I also met up with some friends who I attended classes with at Bramble Patch.  It was great to see them all again.
Make sure you make the most of the good weather today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.