Skip to main content

Busy busy busy

So.  Apologies again for being really rubbish at posting on my blog.  I have been really busy.  Most of it self induced - some of it not.
So I'll start with a talk at Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild in April.  
The speaker was Ingrid Karlsson-Kemp.  A really interesting talk about how her work is really story telling about her life and her cultural heritage in Sweden.
She delivered a very interesting, animated talk with great illustrations of her work and the explanation of the history behind them.  She explained how she used a range of found fabrics from her family home which she said enabled her to bring that story of that fabric to her work.  In addition, she inserted subtle references to Swedish Psalms which formed an important link to her growing up. 


  
 It was a really interesting talk.
More posts to follow.... no honestly there will be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.