Skip to main content

Bramble Patch Exhibition

Hi All,
I hope you're making the most of this glorious weather.  I've been very domesticated and got the towels out and have all the windows wide open to blow away the cobwebs.

I visited the  Bramble Patch on Good Friday to catch up with friends and also see an exhibition.  They always have interesting exhibitions and they are always very well displayed.

There were two parts to the exhibition.  The first part was Dislocation by the Contemporary Quilt group, which is a sub group of the Quilters Guild. I've always enjoyed seeing work from this group and would love to join if I didn't have to pay to join the gild too. This work was originally exhibited at the Festival of Quilts in 2014, but it was nice to see it in a smaller venue where you weren't overwhelmed by the size of the venue.  I also enjoy seeing how people interpret themes.

The Shape of Nature had work by Hilary Beattie and Jenny Rolfe.  I have had classes with both and really enjoyed them. Again, another set of interesting work which made me think again about my own work.  I realised that they both really work a theme - and I realise I don't. So this is something I'm going to explore.

Apologies for this being photo light - but follow the links - there are lots of photos there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.